Friday 13 April 2012

Cosplay Idea #2 - Eiri Yuki!

Character Name:  Eiri Yuki
Origin:  Manga/Anime called Gravitation
Height:  Preferably tall, and lean
Eye Colour:  Dark Brown/Olive
Hair Colour:  Blonde
Hair Length:  Reaching to the bottom of his neck, just quite messy
Personality:  Bit of a douche, not really caring for anyone but yourself
Accessories:  Cigarettes (candy sticks!), and if possible a small ear ring, although not too important. Oh, and possible some reading glasses!


My first ever cosplay...it failed on so many levels!  But it was very last minute on a £1 budget so I didn't have much to work with!


Generic Costume


The costume itself isn't hard to make or find, it's just that he doesn't have one iconic outfit.  I just went for some generic suit.  WARNING: IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO RECOGNISE YOU, DON'T GO AS EIRI!  Not one person recognised me because he isn't too well known, and just isn't recognisible.  It's literally just a suit.  It was not a problem for me because the Sixth Form I go to require you to wear a suit!  Even just some smart trousers and shirt will do!  Just look very smart!  The £1 budget went on candy sticks.  These are pretty much the only thing that's recognisable about him, as he's a smoker.  I bought like, 5 packs because I know I'd just eat them, so always buy plenty.  Just give yourself a side parting and you should be fine!






Summary


A difficult cosplay to explain, because obviously everyone wants to be recognised, and since my parents didn't want me going to London in some big costume because they thought people would beat me up, so going to a huge conevntion with huge amazing costumes and it kinda looks like you're not even in costume is almost heart-breaking.  BUT!!! HOPE IS NOT LOST!!!  If you've ever watched or read Gravitation, you'll realise how amazing it is, and develop connections with the characters.  To me, you cosplay a character who you've bonded with, you're fond, and is your favourite.  Eiri is one of my favourite anime characters ever, so personally, it felt good to be their representing my favourite character!  (how cheesy, I know! -_-)

No comments:

Post a Comment