Sunday 10 June 2012

Cosplay Accessory #1 - Pokéball

Usefull for: Pokémon costumes, decoration

For my Pokémon Silver cosplay, see 'Cosplay Idea #4 - Pokémon Trainer Silver', it was a good idea to have a pokéball accessory.  After trying to search for one, I soon realised that it would cost quite a bit to buy, and only being available on sites like Amazon and eBay, but costing so much since they were either collectors items or having to be imported from China/Japan!

So I went round some craft shops and ending up making for like, 50p!!  And it doesn't look half bad either.  It was a very rushed, but if enough time is spent making it, then it'll look great!

My Pokéball ^.^
I went to the Bouyes Shop in my town and they have a craft section where they sell polystyrene balls, just big enough to comfortably sit in your hand, for about 40p.  Then I just used a black marker to get the divide between the red and white, then just a used a thick Flowpen to colour the red, leaving the bottom half as it is since it's already white.  I was really happy with it, and its pretty durable so I still have it!

Like I say, this was very rished so the marker pen outlining the black is uneven and if I was to do it again, I'd spend a whole lot more time on it!  And it was in my school bag, so it got a little dented.

2 comments: